AIDS United’s Southern REACH (Regional Expansion of Access and Capacity to Address HIV/AIDS) initiative supports the improvement of the HIV/AIDS focused policy/advocacy activities of community-based organizations in nine states of the U.S. South (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN), one of the nation’s most impacted regions in the HIV/AIDS epidemic, as evidence by extreme health disparities. The program, with generous support provided by the Ford Foundation, includes grantmaking, technical assistance and network development. The 2014-2015 grant awards support the development of programs that seek to achieve social change, shape responsible HIV/AIDS public policy, and/or respond to the underlying legal, political, and systemic barriers contributing to disproportionate rates of HIV/AIDS in the Southern United States.
The current Southern REACH grantees are:
- ACCESS Network Inc,
- AIDS Action Coalition of Huntsville
- AIDS Alabama Inc.
- BASIC NWFL Inc
Panama City, FL
- Birmingham AIDS Outreach Inc.
- Catawba Care
Rock Hill, SC
- Collaborative Solutions Inc.
- Duke University AIDS Legal Project
- El Centro Hispano
- Equality Foundation of Georgia Inc.
- Friends for Life Corporation
- HIV/AIDS Alliance for Region Two
Baton Rouge, LA
- Legal Services Alabama Inc.
- Legal Services of Southern Piedmont Inc.
- Living Affected Corporation
Little Rock, AR
- Louisiana AIDS Advocacy Network
- Mississippi Center for Justice
- My Brother's Keeper
- Nashville CARES Inc.
- NO AIDS Task Force
New Orleans, LA
- North Carolina AIDS Action Network
- North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition
- OASIS (Okaloosa AIDS Support & Informational Services Inc.)
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
- SisterLove Inc.
- South Carolina HIV/AIDS Council
- South Carolina HIV Task Force
- Southern AIDS Coalition
- Western North Carolina AIDS Project
- Women With A Vision
New Orleans, LA
For more information about Southern REACH, email: REACH@aidsunited.org
VISA, Mastercard & AMEX accepted.
AIDS United has been ranked a Four Star Charity by Charity Navigator.
News and Updates
To encourage community-based organizations serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and ...
Latest Blog Post
By Odessa Summers,BS
Senior Prison Medical Case Manager
One in seven people ...