On April 18, 2019 AIDS United released a toolkit on syringe services programs interactions with media in the webinar The Right Hit: Developing Effective Media Strategy at Syringe Services Programs!
What you’ll learn:
- The basics of media coverage on drug use, the opioid crisis, and syringe services programs
- Facts to support your work
- Tips to develop a communications strategy
- Best practices from a syringe access community organizer and advocate
- Instructions from a journalist on building relationships with local journalists and your rights in that relationship
The webinar recording and slides are below. You can download the full toolkit here.