Let’s end the HIV epidemic together! Request AIDS United’s training and technical assistance services to strengthen your organization’s response to community needs.
WHY RECEIVE TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FROM AIDS UNITED?
AIDS United (AU) brings over a decade of experience providing personalized, outcome-driven, training and technical assistance services to the HIV workforce. Informed by our deep engagement with our partners across the HIV-prevention sector, we deliver high quality, outcome-driven technical assistance services to strengthen organizations’ abilities to comprehensively respond to the domestic HIV epidemic.
AU uses a continuous consultative approach to identify, plan, deploy, and evaluate technical assistance (TA). Continuous consultation supports program improvements, detailed data collection, and evaluation of TA effectiveness in strengthening the capacity of organizations and programs to implement and achieve improved outcomes related to integrated HIV activities and structural interventions.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Regardless of the size, infrastructure, or governance of your organization, AIDS United is here for you! Our skilled team of specialists work with organizations of all sizes across the United States, including community coalitions, government agencies, harm reduction service providers, educational institutions, community-based organizations, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), and health care practitioners, to deliver customized technical assistance services in response to identified needs.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Click here to request training and TA services to help your organization move the needle closer to ending the HIV epidemic. See below for more details on our training and TA offerings. We offer a sliding scale for our services based on your organization size and budget, services rendered, travel needs, etc.
Are you located in the Midwest?
Organizations directly or indirectly funded by the CDC to provide HIV prevention services in the Midwest may be eligible for FREE, results-driven technical assistance and training services from a network of leading CDC capacity building assistance providers! To learn more please email us at CBA@aidsunited.org.
WHAT KIND OF TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED?
We tailor our service offerings to meet the specific needs of organizations in the following ways:
- Ending the HIV epidemic jurisdictional plan development and implementation
- Workforce development and systems strengthening
- Strategic, meaningful, and sustained community engagement
- Innovative treatment and retention in care program integration
- Evidence-informed intervention implementation support
- Health policy assessment and development
Specific offerings include:
Policy and Advocacy
- Community Mobilization
- Advocacy 101
- Telling your Story
Organizational and Systems Strengthening
- Cultural humility
- Strategic planning
- Grant writing
- Syringe exchange/harm reduction
- Program evaluation and monitoring
- Team building & leading effective teams
- Mid-level manager core competencies
- Social media
- Workforce and client recruitment and retention
- Community advisory board development
- Meaningful engagement of community
- Meaningful involvement of people living with HIV
HIV Workforce Essentials
- Introduction to HIV / HCV
- Introduction to PrEP /PEP/nPEP
- Implementation of CDC’s Effective Behavioral Interventions