On Aug. 2, AIDS United hosted a listening session for community-based organizations to discuss what role HIV organizations can play around monkeypox vaccinations, testing and messaging.
We’ve long known the critical role that community-based organizations have in our work to stop HIV together. We must play that same role in our efforts to combat monkeypox.
Our speakers included:
- Dr. Demetre Daskalakis, director of the Division of HIV Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; White House National Monkeypox Response Deputy Coordinator
- Carl Baloney Jr., vice president and chief advocacy officer, AIDS United
- Dr. Tyler TerMeer, chief executive officer, San Francisco AIDS Foundation
- Dr. DeMarc Hickson, executive director, Us Helping Us
- Dr. Alexa Oster, deputy incident Manager, CDC Monkeypox Response; Chief, Detection and Response Branch, Division of HIV Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Watch the webinar now, either below or on our YouTube page.