Coming just after the U.S. Conference on HIV/AIDS is the National Harm Reduction Conference, which will also take place in San Juan, Puerto Rico. From Oct. 13-16, harm reduction advocates will gather to discuss the complex issues facing the movement.
The AIDS United Harm Reduction team will be on the ground for this conference, participating and leading several sessions. We are looking forward to connecting with so many colleagues after such time apart.
Like USCHA, this conference places a unique opportunity to shine a light on the continued impacts of Hurricane Fiona on communities across the island. Far too many remain without access to reliable power and water, weeks after the storm.
Here’s where to find the AIDS United harm reduction team. All times below are Atlantic Standard Time.
Thursday, Oct. 13
- 2-3 p.m.: “Where Things Stand: Federal Harm Reduction Policy and the Overlapping Overdose, COVID, HIV and Hepatitis Epidemics”
- 3:20-4:20 p.m.: “The Past, Present and Future of Harm Reduction Funding”
- 4:40-5:40 p.m.: “Who’s Got Rigs?: Resource Stabilization & Virtual Mutual Aid Network for SSPs”
Friday, Oct. 14
- 6-7 p.m.: “SAMHSA’s Working Definition of Harm Reduction: A Roundtable Discussion with Harm Reduction Community Members Involved in the Process”
Saturday, Oct. 15
- 10-10:55 a.m.: “The Harm Reduction Funding Paradigm”
- 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. “Intro to Tax Exemption: Essentials for Funding Harm Reduction”
- 2-3 p.m.: “Integration of Vaccine Services into SSPs”
- 3:20-4:20 p.m. “Overcoming Vaccine Hesitancy among PWUD”
- 4:40-5:40 p.m. “Ask Me Anything: A Funders Roundtable”
Sunday, Oct. 16
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. “I Want Money, Honey: Grant Writing 101”
We look forward to seeing you there!