We’re pleased to announce, with funding from Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, the opportunity for grant support through the iFORWARD: Equipping Organizations in the South through Technology to End the HIV Epidemic.
iFORWARD recognizes the barriers that Southern organizations face in accessing appropriate technology to carry out their services and achieve their mission. This initiative aims to reduce these disparities by directing funds to and building the capacity of grassroots organizations in the South to:
- Improve community access to health information.
- Enhance organizational communication systems.
- Help to maintain a sense of client social and emotional support.
- Establish and maintain a virtual community.
- Extend organizations’ geographical reach.
- Reduce HIV-related stigma.
For the 2023-2024 cycle, $70,000 in funding is available through iFORWARD. AIDS United anticipates making approximately seven grants of up to $10,000 each to community-based organizations, racial and social justice organizations, AIDS service organizations, Federally Qualified Health Centers, HBCUS/minority-serving institutes and/or networks of people living with HIV across the South.
Grants will be 12-months in length (June 12, 2023 – June 14, 2024) and two types of grants will be offered:
- Project-specific grants to support a distinct project with clear goals, objectives, activities and measurable outcomes. Project-specific grants aligned with iFORWARD will support projects such as:
- Digital campaigns that promote linkage to HIV prevention services, HIV care and/or treatment as prevention.
- Digital campaigns that address barriers to care.
- Digital campaigns and/or hybrid events on addressing social and structural determinants of health.
- Creation of digital health literacy materials.
- Digital and hybrid advocacy events.
- Digital and hybrid workshops/events with high-impact populations.
- General operating grants that provide financial resources to an organization in support of its mission and overall activities, including operating expenses and overhead, rather than providing support for specific projects or programs. General operating requests aligned with iFORWARD will support activities such as:
- Staffing support for social media, mass media or content creation.
- Building infrastructure for Wi-Fi.
- Expansion of telehealth services, including live video conferencing, mobile health (mHealth) apps, “store and forward” electronic transmission, remote patient observations and teletherapy, telemedicine, and telepharmacy.
- Subscriptions to Zoom or other teleconferencing platforms.
- Purchase of infrastructure building tools such as hotspots.
Read the full request for proposals including eligibility requirements. Applications will open for submission in the AIDS United grant portal starting on Friday, April 7, and are due on May 5, 2023, at 5 p.m. EDT. Applications will also be accepted via prerecorded video or Zoom call. For assistance navigating the AIDS United Grantee Community Portal, view this document.
AIDS United convened an optional webinar to clarify the RFP and essential application submission tips. The iFORWARD team held this webinar on April 14, 2023, at 12 PM EDT. View the webinar here.