We are pleased to join with the Vehicle Donation To Any Charity Program, or V-Dac, and the Independent Charities of America to allow our friends to offer an extra car, truck, SUV, boat, motorcycle, airplane, farm equipment or RV as a tax-deductible donation.
You are eligible for an itemized tax deduction of your vehicle’s retail fair market value (more information available on this). The service is totally free and provides convenient pick-up anywhere in the United States! You can make arrangements to donate your vehicle online or over the phone.
How it works
- Visit the V-Dac website or call their toll-free number (1-866-332-1778) to arrange for your vehicle donation.
- Make sure to specify that you want your donation made to “AIDS United”.
- Whether or not you need to provide the vehicle’s title varies by state. You will be notified of your state’s requirement at this point in the process.
- You will be contacted within one week to arrange pick up.
- After pick up, you will receive a receipt for the retail fair market value.
- The vehicle is then readied for auction by V-Dac and sold.
- AIDS United receives a check for the selling price of the vehicle, less the processing costs.
Neither the donor nor AIDS United are ever put at any risk or liability for the title or state of the vehicle.
If the vehicle does not sell at auction, it is disposed of and all costs are absorbed by V-Dac.
From the net recovery amount, the charity receives 75% for vehicles that sell for more than $500 and 70% for vehicles that sell for less than $500. V-Dac receives the remainder as its program management and administration fee. From this amount, V-Dac pays ICA, the “central charity,” a 3.75% funds processing fee. The V-Dac Program duplicates the same process as the car donation programs of the largest charities of the country. They have partnered with the Independent Charities of America (an affiliation group AIDS United belongs to) in order to bring this cost-efficient, time-saving and easy process to smaller nonprofit organizations across the country.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 202-408-4848 or