AIDS United welcomes organizations serving people who use drugs to complete a pre-application survey for funding.
The Harm Reduction Futures Fund will award grants to three kinds of organizations:
- Syringe services programs providing direct service.
- Harm reduction organizations supporting multiple syringe services programs providing direct service.
- Harm reduction organizations conducting community advocacy activities focused on legalizing or strengthening syringe services programs and other health intervention for people who use drugs at the local, state or federal level.
A community-based review committee will evaluate pre-applications and invite up to 40 applicants to submit a full proposal. AIDS United expects to fund 12-19 organizations from that pool of applicants. The one-year grants will range in size between $10,000 and $40,000. The funds must be used between Feb. 1, 2024-Jan. 31, 2025.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must meet one or both of the following criteria:
- A majority of the organization’s leadership and the people it serves must be people of color.
- The organization operates in areas of high needs and low resources. These include organizations operating syringe service programs in areas where they are not sanctioned or are highly restricted based on zoning laws, barriers to getting sanctioned or mandated one-for-one services. (Please review the full announcement for more details.)
Additionally, organizations must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with an annual budget less than $1.5 million, be located in the United States and its territories, and demonstrate fiscal stability.
AIDS United staff will be available noon-2 p.m. EDT on Aug. 24 and 4-6 p.m. EDT on Aug. 29 to assist with any questions you might have. Schedule a 15-minute conversation using Calendly.
Additionally, AIDS United Staff will host a webinar Aug. 23 from 3-4 p.m. EDT that will review the grant announcement and offer submission tips. Register using Zoom.
The pre-application survey must be completed by 5 p.m. EDT on Sept. 5, 2023.
Please read the full announcement for a full list of requirements, as well as instructions for completing the pre-application survey.