Public Policy Council
We bring together organizations from across the United States to advocate for people living with or vulnerable to HIV and the organizations that serve them.
The Public Policy Council operates as a standing committee of the AIDS United board of trustees, informing the policy priorities of the organization. Your organization can benefit greatly from joining AIDS United’s Public Policy Council. Our experienced policy and government affairs staff can help you reach members of Congress and executive branch staff. You’ll also be adding your voice to the growing movement to end the HIV epidemic in the United States.
There are two tiers of membership. Below is a summary of the differences between our Leadership Council membership and our general membership.
The Public Policy Council operates as a standing committee of the AIDS United board of trustees, informing the organization’s policy priorities, according to a set of operating principles adopted by the council.
Work with our team to use the AIDS United Policy Action Center, an online advocacy tool that allows members to activate their constituent base and tailor messages for a variety of issues.
Leadership Council members are invited to an additional meeting in Washington, D.C., for an intimate discussion of HIV policy priorities with senior members of the president’s administration or congressional offices.
- AIDS Alabama
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Association of Nurses in AIDS Care
- Bill’s Kitchen
- Black AIDS Institute
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
- Cascade AIDS Project/Prism Health
- Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation
- Center for HIV Law and Policy
- Collaborative Solutions
- Community Education Group
- DAP Health, Inc.
- Delaware HIV Consortium
- Equality Federation
- Equitas Health
- God’s Love We Deliver
- Harm Reduction Coalition
- Housing Works
- Intercambios Puerto Rico
- JRI Health
- JustUs Health
- Lambda Legal
- Latino Commission on AIDS
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Los Angeles LGBT Center
- Multicultural AIDS Coalition (MAC)
- My Brother’s Keeper, Inc
- Nashville CARES
- National AIDS Housing Coalition
- North Carolina AIDS Action Network
- Positive Women’s Network – USA
- Prevention Access Campaign
- Puerto Rico Community Network for Clinical Services, Research, and Health Advancement (PRCONCRA), Inc.
- San Francisco AIDS Foundation
- Sero Project
- Southern AIDS Coalition
- The Aliveness Project
- The Project of the Quad Cities
- Thrive Alabama
- Treatment Action Group
- Us Helping Us, People Into Living
- Whitman-Walker Health
Annual dues are based on the type of organization and annual budgets.