Monkeypox virus continues to impact our communities who are also disproportionately impacted by HIV and AIDS.
And with rapidly changing guidance, protective strategies and information about monkeypox, AIDS United and Building Healthy Online Communities are co-hosting a community Q&A call on Tues., Aug. 23, to answer your questions about:
- Monkeypox vaccines and treatment.
- Advocating for yourself when facing stigma from your community or health care providers
- Ways to reduce the likelihood of getting monkeypox at large gatherings and in your sex life.
- How you can demand expanded access to vaccines, treatment and more in your community.
We are excited to feature the following speakers to provide their insights:
- Oliver Bacon, MD, MPH – San Francisco Department of Public Health
- Cecilia Gentilli – Trans Equity Consulting
- Brian Thomas, RN – @PozRN: Queer and Kinky HIV+ Nurse Promoting Sex Positive Sexual Health
ASL interpretation, Spanish translation and CART will be provided. A transcript will be available after the call.
Head to bit.ly/mpxcommunity to register now to join us.