Show Your LGBTQ Pride! Take Action to Prevent HIV! Take #PrideInPrevention!
Washington, D.C., June 18, 2014 — To encourage community-based organizations serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer (LGBTQ) people around the country to incorporate HIV prevention messaging for young gay and bisexual men into their work, AIDS United has launched an Instagram image promotion called “#PrideInPrevention.” The promotion is part of AIDS United’s m2MPower initiative, which seeks to halt the rising rates of HIV among gay and bisexual men and other men who have sex with men.
Participants are encouraged to work with their community-based LGBTQ organization to produce up to four (4) images that promote HIV prevention tools using the theme, “#PrideInPrevention,” to link HIV prevention and LGBTQ Pride. The promotion takes place during the month of June (National LGBT Pride month) and concludes on July 18, 2014. Selected organizations will be offered a contract of up to $3,000 to further integrate HIV prevention activities in their regular work. Organizations will be selected after the conclusion of the activity in late July 2014.
How to Enter:
- Read the rules and regulations for the promotion.
- Visit the CDC’s website for resources on HIV prevention at:
- Create an image or series of images (up to four) targeting gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men, that promotes HIV prevention tools and fits the theme, “#PrideInPrevention,” which connects LGBTQ Pride and HIV prevention/awareness.
- Ensure that your organization has the rights to distribute and authorize the distribution of any and all content contained within your submission and ensure that the content of your image(s) adhere(s) to Instagram’s rules and guidelines.
- Submit your image(s) using your organization’s Instagram profile using the hashtag #PrideInPrevention and tagging AIDS United (@aidsunited), agreeing to the rules and regulations of the promotion and making sure to have the contact email address in the Instagram profile.
- Share the link to your image(s) with your friends and fans, encouraging them to “like” and share your submission.
- For examples of images, visit AIDS United’s Instagram here.