As of January 2021, our strategic grant-making initiatives have directly funded more than $118 million to local communities, and we have leveraged more than $184 million in additional investments for programs that include, but are not limited to, syringe access, access to care, capacity-building, HIV prevention and advocacy.
Regions we’ve been able to provide support for:
Relief, Recovery & Resilience Fund
Established to help meet the immediate and urgent needs of people living with and vulnerable to HIV in regions affected by urgent crises like earthquakes and hurricanes, and now the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund supports access to HIV care, housing, food and much more.
The Fund is currently accepting applications from organizations serving people living with and vulnerable to HIV/AIDS in Puerto Rico that are experiencing challenges meeting their community’s needs due to the impacts of Hurricane Fiona. Click here to learn more about this funding opportunity (English, Spanish).
- Applicants or their fiscal sponsor must have the capacity to receive award funds electronically.
- Applicants must be located and/or perform work within the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico.
- Applicants must be nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations, either per the guidelines set forth by the Internal Revenue Service with proper 501(c)(3) status or via the Certificado de cumplimiento corporativo del departamento del estado de PR “good standing” certification. Organizations or coalitions that do not hold 501(c)(3) status or Puerto Rico’s nonprofit certification must have a fiscal sponsor that does.
- Organizations should be fiscally stable and viable prior to submission of the funding application. These funds are not intended to serve as a replacement for discontinued funding.
- Applicant must be able to implement all project activities and utilize the funds within three months of award payment. Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2023, or until funding runs out. Grant activities may not extend beyond April 30, 2023.
Conexiones Positivas/Positive Connections
AIDS United, with continued funding support from ViiV Healthcare Inc., is pleased to announce the opportunity for grant support through the Conexiones Positivas/Positive Connections initiative. We anticipate making six to eight grant awards that will range from $10,000 to $25,000 per award for an eight-month project period.
Funding will prioritize organizations serving and advocating for people living with and vulnerable to HIV from Latinx communities of gay and bisexual men and men of transgender experience. Organizations must demonstrate reach within these communities, with the goal of reducing isolation by increasing engagement and support among peers.
- Applicants must be nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations per the guidelines set forth by the Internal Revenue Service with proper 501(c)(3) status. Organizations that do not hold 501(c)(3) status must have an already established relationship with a fiscal sponsor holding such status.
- Only organizations located and operating in the United States or the U.S. territories of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands may apply.
- Organizations should be financially secure with or without grant funds.
- Organizations submitting a pre-application should have an annual operating budget that does not exceed $1 million. Note: This parameter applies to the applicant organization, not the fiscal sponsor.
- Representation of people living with HIV at the applicant organization is required.