Join the cause
Get informed and get involved
No matter your situation or resources, there is a role for you in helping end the HIV epidemic. Below are a few ways you can join the cause:
Our Relief, Recovery, and Resilience Fund helps meet the immediate and emergent needs of people living with and at risk for HIV in regions affected by urgent crises like hurricanes, tornadoes, and now the COVID-19 pandemic.
Purchase and download an e-copy of “A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo.” This bestseller and now-classic story by comedy writer Jill Twiss tells a tale about love, acceptance, and civic responsibility. Any resemblance to Mike Pence's bunny rabbit is a coincidence... or is it?
Other ways to give
We are pleased to join with the Vehicle Donation To Any Charity Program (VDAC)
and the Independent Charities of America to allow our friends to offer an extra car, truck, SUV, boat, motorcycle, airplane, farm equipment or RV as a tax-deductible donation.
You are eligible for an itemized tax deduction of your vehicle’s retail fair market value (more information available on this). The service is totally free and provides convenient pick-up anywhere in the United States! You can make arrangements to donate your vehicle online or over the phone.
How it works
- Visit the VDAC website or call their toll-free number (1-866-332-1778) to arrange for your vehicle donation.
- Make sure to specify that you want your donation made to “AIDS United”.
- Whether or not you need to provide the vehicle’s title varies by state. You will be notified of your state’s requirement at this point in the process.
- You will be contacted within one week to arrange pick up.
- After pick up, you will receive a receipt for the retail fair market value.
- The vehicle is then readied for auction by VDAC and sold.
- AIDS United receives a check for the selling price of the vehicle, less the processing costs.
Neither the donor nor AIDS United are ever put at any risk or liability for the title or state of the vehicle.
If the vehicle does not sell at auction, it is disposed of and all costs are absorbed by VDAC.
From the net recovery amount, the charity receives 75% for vehicles that sell for more than $500 and 70% for vehicles that sell for less than $500. V-Dac receives the remainder as its program management and administration fee. From this amount, V-Dac pays ICA, the “central charity,” a 3.75% funds processing fee. The VDAC Program duplicates the same process as the car donation programs of the largest charities of the country. They have partnered with the Independent
Charities of America (an affiliation group AIDS United belongs to) in order to bring this cost-efficient, time-saving and easy process to smaller non-profit organizations across the country.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 202-408-4848 or
If you are a federal employee, CFC makes giving to AIDS United easy. CFC is the world’s largest and most successful annual workplace-charity campaign, with almost 200 campaigns nationwide and overseas raising millions of dollars each year. Designate charity #11027 on your CFC pledge card.
Who is eligible?
Federal employees including civilian, postal and military donors
Why give through CFC?
- You’ll be part of the largest workplace giving campaign in the world.
- Payroll deduction lets you conveniently spread your contribution across the entire year.
- 100% of your donation is tax-deductible.
- You’ll be supporting nonprofit organizations providing health and human service benefits worldwide.
Pledges are made through your local CFC office from September 1 – December 15. Find your local office here.
If you have any questions about CFC or our involvement, please contact us.
Our commitment to our donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by AIDS United, both online and offline, through our website and mobile applications, as well as any electronic, written or oral communications. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.